Here’s the surprisingly easy way to find your perfect VA
July 28th 2022 – Written By Stephanie Sheargold
Back in the day, when I was on the dating scene, I met some real – what you might call – ‘characters’. From lovable rogues to intense artistes, dating is certainly a way to see the full spectrum of what humankind has to offer. I’m now happily settled, but love having a nostalgic giggle about the people I’ve had a glass of wine with over the years.
Have you ever been asked this before a date?
One guy in particular makes me smile. We had planned to meet, but before we did so he asked me if I’d done a Myers-Briggs personality test, and if so could I tell him my personality type. At this stage I hadn’t and was a bit confused about why he’d ask this. He explained that personality matches really mattered to him. He continued to say that while looks and shared interests were important, proven compatibility was essential in his books. Cutting a long story short, he wasn’t the man for me. But I did learn something from him. Compatibility really does matter, no matter what you’re doing. And that’s especially true in the world of business support.
How we personality match each client with their perfect VA
In the same way that Mr Personality Test (as we’ll call him) sought to find common ground in personality traits and communication styles, we have developed several methods to make sure every single Timpi client is matched with a VA they’ll work well with.
- The first step is our discovery call. This is around 20-minutes long and helps us understand your challenges and reasons for wanting to work with a VA.
- The second step is the Timpi pairing questionnaire. We use this to get into the detail of your working and communication styles.
- Finally, we use a personality test. You don’t need to do this if you don’t want to, but it adds an extra layer of certainty that we’re matching our clients with the very best VA for their needs.
Is a good relationship just about compatibility?
Now, here’s the thing. I believe that a successful relationship needs more than compatibility. It also relies on honesty from both parties. Here’s how Timpi aims to provide an open and honest working relationship.
We’re big fans of transparent communication
When you’re working closely with someone, it’s crucial to be open and honest with them. That’s why we ask all our clients to tell us about their pet peeves and niggles as part of the onboarding process. If you hate Calibri, tell us. If signing off with ‘Thanks!’ gets your goat, say. It’s small things like this that make a big difference to the working relationship between client and VA.
We’re also open to all and any feedback. Which is why you can book a call in with me to chat through things if you want to. The way I see it, even negative feedback is an opportunity to improve and grow
And of course, it goes both ways. We ask all our VAs about their non-negotiables and make sure they know that they can tell us about anything they’re unhappy with. Doing this means our valued team of VAs know they’re safe and respected.
Trust and security is central to Timpi
Because of the way we support our clients, their homes and their businesses, it’s critical that we operate securely and in a trustworthy manner. It’s for that reason that we:
- Are registered with the ICO and sign the Timpi NDA
- Use the GDPR and FINMA compliant Timpi App instead of WhatsApp, texts and other messaging services
- Use regularly updated anti-virus software on all computers
- Only store client folders on the cloud, never on our laptops
- Never store personal information other than your contact details
- Carry out a monthly security audit for each VA
- Use LastPass for password security
- Use VPNs when working away from our offices.
Keeping our clients and VAs happy, safe and secure is central to Timpi’s success. It’s because of this commitment that we can provide the level of service we’ve become known for. Curious to see if working with us is right for you? Then read our blog about how to start working with a new VA.
‘Why startups swear by using a Virtual Assistant’